Friday, September 6, 2013

The final Bridesmaid: Jenna

I met Cassie through my mom and her dad’s relationship. I was 18 and Cassie was a little younger. So, we’re looking at the year 2007 here! I think the first time Cassie and I officially met, we were driving up to Konocti to stay at my mom’s rental house that overlooks Clear Lake. I thought I was so cool driving Cassie and her friend around, and even offered them alcohol later that night. (Typical wild teenager). It makes me laugh to this day! Little did I know this would bud into such a great friendship/sisterhood. I guess we can thank our parents for that!
 
 
 
     We’ve had a lot of fun memories over the years, but I’d have to say my all-time favorite memory was during our visit to Bullhead City for Thanksgiving a few years ago. We stayed at my grandpa’s house with Vegas crew. Cassie and I stayed the night in one of my grandpa’s RV’s which was so cool! It felt like we were camping. During the afternoon and evening we had been drinking and towards the end of the night when we were going to sleep, Cassie touched my ear. It sounds awkward, but let me tell you, this was HILARIOUS!! She basically rubbed my ear saying “goodnight”, mind you this was after a few drinks, and so I didn’t think weirdly of it. Instead I proceeded to laugh hysterically, and to this day it has been one of our inside jokes. I recently got married on July 13th, and for one of my bridesmaid gifts I got Cassie a crystal wine glass with “Rubbing ears since 2007” etched on the front.


I am SO happy for Cassie and Matt for making this commitment to each other. They are such a strong couple and I know together they will move mountains. Or just ride their bikes over them, haha. Their engagement did not come as a surprise to me. Although I don’t live near either of them (I live in northern California), I could tell that they were to a point in their relationship that felt too real to JUST be girlfriend and boyfriend. It was clear that Cassie and Matt were both feeling strong in both their faith and relationship to take it to another level!

It has been an amazing two years of wedding festivities. Soon to be three!! My sister & her husband Ryan were married on June 2nd, 2012. Sean and I were married July 13, 2013. And now, Cassie and Matt will be married in June of 2014! This is so fantastic. We were able to see each other more than 3 times a year due to these wonderful blessings, which has made us a lot closer and more involved in each other’s lives. Being that we live in different states, this can often times be difficult. As one of Cassie’s bridesmaids, I am thoroughly looking forward to being in this different vantage point and witnessing Cassie and Matt become one under God. I am looking forward to taking part in such a special time in her life! I’m already tearing up thinking about it!

OK! My number one piece of advice would be: Have the cake talk. Do you want to have a cake fight like Sean and I? Do you want your makeup to be ruined? HAHA! Another piece of advice would be to remember that this day is about you and Matt. Don’t let anything distract you from this. Your bridesmaids/Maid of honor will have your back on this! Don’t sweat the small stuff. The little details such as a card box or mad libs or invitations are things that are nice, however in the whole scheme of things, energy spent on these should be limited! If I could go back in time, I would have made the invitation portion much easier than I did by making a stamp for your return address or even a calligrapher to do the addressing for me. And remember, one task at a time. Don’t overwhelm yourself like I did. Keep in mind, in the end, EVERYTHING will have been PERFECT.

Don’t worry. After getting married, things are still very special. Not a lot has changed for Sean and I, but the mere fact that we are husband and wife makes life so much fun and exciting knowing that you two are now a team moving forward in life TOGETHER!
 


 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your bridesmaids are really beautiful and looking adorable dear. When I got married at best New York wedding venues I also asked my besties to be my bridesmaids and we all had so much fun in that wedding. My bridesmaids wore blue color dress and that was really comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

© The Koinonia Blog. Powered by