Friday, August 23, 2013

Meet the Bridesmaids: Kara

The next gal in my bridal party has a special place in my heart. We have been through so much together and I will always feel as if she is more of a sister to me... meet Kara (aka K-Killa).
This must have been 8th grade around the time we met.
 
I vividly remember the first time I met Cassie. It was in junior high in our social studies class. She walked in all NorCal with her middle part, choker necklace, and acrylic nails. To be honest I think she initially scared me. I want to say we began to develop a friendship through our girls soccer team. Shortly enough, we realized our similarities ran deep. (Also Cass, I read a BuzzFeed article on introverts… and it discussed the "resting b**** face", so our face has now officially been diagnosed).  Our friendship continued to grow all the way through our cross country days in high school which brings me to some of my favorite memories with Cass. Our senior year we were co-captains. However, anyone who knows our running ability, we were granted this honor based on our… we will say personality rather than our superior running ability. Cass and I ran our first half marathon together senior year of high school. As runners, training with someone, putting in the hard work together, and then successfully completing the goal is something really special. As we've both grown up, we've continued to race together and have been able to seek support and guidance from each other. 
8th grade graduation, sorry everyone! hahaha..


Cassie's 17th birthday.


I remember hearing about Matt a couple years ago. I don't think Cass initially thought anything serious was going to come of it. To be honest, neither did I. I just remember thinking that they were so different and had been raised so very differently that I didn't know if that capatability was there. I've known Cass for almost 10 years now, and if I could have thought up the guy I thought Cass would end up with, I wouldn't have described Matt. But now, as I have seen their relationship progress, it is their differences that have allowed both of them to grow and prosper. While I haven't been able to spend a significant amount of time with Matt, I can tell that he supports her and pushes her to be better. In addition, when Cass loves, she loves hard. I know that they will both take the time and energy needed to continue to have their love grow and produce a successful marriage. 


Now that Cassie's time has come, I am more than excited to be a part of her special day! I am most excited about seeing her and Matt begin their journey as husband and wife. I am honored to be a part of her wedding party and to have the opportunity to help her on her special day. In addition, I'm excited to hang out with Deirdre and Andrew lol-- I consider Cassie's family an extension of my own.


I've worked for a wedding company for years now, so I would like to think I am very knowledgeable on the whole wedding process. Here are some basic tips I have picked up along the way:

1. Make a budget, and stick to it! Prioritize the various aspects of your wedding and spend money in areas that are truly going to enhance your special day.

2. Details. It's the details of the wedding that will allow you to truly personalize your day.

3. Have a day-of planner. This may be the venue coordinator, or often times the photographer keep everyone on schedule. Either way you need someone else to be in charge so you can truly enjoy every part of your day.

4. Have some sort of guest book! The day will be so chaotic that it will be nice to go back and look at everyone who helped you celebrate your special day. 

5. I'm a fan of having polaroid cameras at the tables. It's old school, but it's always fun to go back and see the fun and silly pictures your guests take.

6. Everyone likes a good candy bar, just saying.
 

Cassie and Matt I am so excited to be a part of your special day! Love you both! XOXO

1 comment:

© The Koinonia Blog. Powered by