Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Meet the MOH

Today I am excited to introduce everyone to my Maid of Honor, Alisa. I hope you enjoy her post as much as I did!

I first met Cassie in high school while we were both working at The Good Egg in Gilbert. She is one of my best friends from high school, and funnily enough, one of my best friends from college too! In college, we lived in the dorms together our Sophomore year, and then got an apartment together (thank goodness..no more dorm) our Junior and Senior years. Living together was an absolute blast, and it definitely made our friendship stronger. Because of the 2+ years of living together, she probably knows more about me than some of my family members do!
 
The two of us at homecoming in 2007. The fact that this was almost 6 years ago makes me gasp.
It is unbelievably hard to come up with a single favorite memory that I have with Cassie...there are so many fun ones! I always looked forward to Wednesday nights because we would sit our lazy butts on the couch and drink wine while watching The Real World, the most addicting show in the entire world!! On any given weekend you could find us out with our friends, dressed to fit some ridiculous theme (which we LOVED at the time). We had so much freedom during our college years, and we loved every minute of it!

I've known Cassie since we were 16, so I have been there through most of her relationships. I PROMISE I'm not just saying this because they're getting married, but Matt is definitely my favorite!! I was a little surprised when Cassie and Matt first started dating because he is so different from the guys that she dated in the past. In hindsight I don't know why I was surprised. They both love to run and be physically active, they hike and camp together and love to be outdoors, both are very intellectual and pretty stubborn (they definitely challenge each other). Cassie and Matt are very compatible, and I am absolutely NOT surprised that they have chosen to spend the rest of their lives together! I knew it was only a matter of time before Matt popped the question. I didn't know Matt very well prior to his relationship with Cassie, but I knew Cassie prior to Matt, so I can say honestly that Matt brings out the best in Cassie. It is obvious to anyone who knows her that she is the happiest she has ever been. Cassie asked me to be her Maid of Honor, and I happily agreed!!

Cassie's 20th birthday at our old apartment with some of our closest college friends.

I can't wait for the bridal shower, or the bachelorette party, but I am most excited about getting to share this special day with my best friend. Committing your life to someone is something that most people only do once in their lives, and I am honored to be a part of Cassie and Matt's big day! Some advice on planning a wedding....the most important thing is to always remember that this day is about YOU TWO!! Don't worry about who might feel left out, or what kind of food/alcohol EVERYONE will like. Do what you two want, and if your guests don't like it you can politely remind them that they aren't the ones getting married today ; )! Also, the guest list is honestly the hardest part. So far, the only time I have turned into Bridezilla is when I have to look at the damn guest list! Your family and closest friends will be a no-brainer, but then you'll have a whole list of extended family and friends who you haven't talked to in a while (or even know), and deciding whether or not to invite these people will make you want to run to the nearest chapel, say "to hell with it," and elope. When you start to feel this way (and you will), just remember that as soon as the guest list is done with, it is smooth sailing from there on out!

I would like to close by telling you how happy I am for the both of you! Cass, you are an amazing friend and you deserve all the happiness in the world!! I can't wait to be there with you on your special day. I love you both, and congratulations!!!!

Stay tuned for more posts from the rest of mine and Matt's wedding party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Koinonia Blog. Powered by