Saturday, August 17, 2013

Meet the Bridesmaid: Laren

I first met Cassie about 3-4 years ago. I can't remember the exact date, I'll blame it on my short term memory. Basically I met Cassie when her dad was dating my mom, they dated for a few years and I had never met her. Finally we met and she became a very good friend and eventually I just started saying she was my step-sister. She started coming on boat trips with the family and spending holidays with us also. When I got engaged I knew I wanted her as a bridesmaid in my wedding. She was a beautiful bridesmaid and I couldn't have asked for a better new "Sister" or as we like to say "Frister" (Friend-Sister).


My favorite memory with Cassie? Hmmm. This is a tough one because my favorite memories of her are probably all things she doesn't want to me to mention. HA! I do like to say that "drunk" Cassie is my favorite, especially when she starts getting emotional and telling everyone she loves them. It is pretty awesome. :) Here are some of my favorite memories with her; San Diego boat trips, Bullhead City weekends at Robins, Bridal Showers and Bachelorette Parties, Sitting pool side with her drinking mimosas, and fathead fedoras. I know that there are many more memories but like I said my short term memory is getting to me right now. haha!
 

 
I have seen Cassie in a few relationships since I have known her. Lets just say we are so thankful that she met Matt. I remember when she first told me about Matt. She told me that she was kind of talking to this older guy who was her manager at work. She said it had to be kept a secret for awhile because he was her boss. She also mentioned that she was very religious and at that time she was not.

Finally, we met Matt. He is just the man that Cassie deserves. He is so kind and thoughtful. He fit right in to our little circle of craziness. He was kind enough to photograph my wedding and he did a fabulous job. I am so happy that Cassie and Matt ended up together.

I was not surprised about their engagement one bit. In fact, the day that it happened, I already knew. I was waiting by my phone patiently for a text from Cassie. Before I had even got out of bed that morning I received a picture of Cassie's hand WITH A RING ON IT!!!!! I was elated with joy for them both. They deserve it.

I am looking forward to being Cassie's bridesmaids for many reasons. She was my bridesmaid in my wedding and since she is my Sister I am honored to share her special day with her as she did with me. I am also really excited for once to just be a bridesmaid. I have been the bride (stressful) and I have been the maid of honor (also stressful). I am excited to just be a bridesmaid and be there with her on the biggest day of her life. I am SUPER EXCITED to visit Cassie and Matt in Missouri, I have never been and it will be an adventure.

I was married June 2, 2012. My sister Jenna was married July 13th, 2013 and Cassie will be married Summer of 2014. It has been non stop wedding talk, events and planning. It can be stressful and exciting. Cassie and Matt are planners, they will do a fabulolus job planning a beautiful wedding and I can't wait to be standing next to Cassie when she says I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Koinonia Blog. Powered by